Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NY City - Touring Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty

Today, we hopped the Ellis Island ferryboat from Brooklyn to enjoy a walking tour of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. This was a truly fun day for Paige and Taylor. Not only did they get to ride on a "big, big boat" (their words) but they also got up close and personal to the "big, green Statue of Liberty" (their words). One funny story I must tell before my age gets the best of me and I forget: After we'd walked around the grounds and looked upon the Statue of Liberty, we came to an area where we wanted to snap a few family pictures. There was a 3-foot high marble stone upon which I lifted the girls - thinking that they could stand atop the marble stone and almost stand shoulder to shoulder to mommy and daddy in the photos - well, as soon as I had picked them up and the bottoms of their feet touched down on that marble stone, the protests began. Taylor began to wimper and cry, saying: "I don't want to be like the statue" and Paige echoed the same sentiment. So funny isn't it?! The twins loved looking at the "big, green Statue of Liberty" (their words) from a distance and they obviously had studied Lady Liberty's stance upon the rising block of stone...but, really, who knew that they would be so smart and clever as to correlate their impressions of Lady Liberty to their own experiences?! Gosh, these kids really amaze me sometimes...they are just sooooooo smart and today was one of those moments when I was pleasantly surprised ONCE AGAIN how marvelously attuned they are to their worlds, their experiences in this world and their understanding of the world around them. That's right, Lady Liberty, we can gaze upon you, but don't think for one second that the twins want to be hoisted upon a marble block of stone like you and become "like the statue" you are (not even for a cute photo opp)! Ha, ha, ha.