Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Holiday Travel Plans - Hard To Believe It's REALLY That Time Of Year Again

Hard to believe that it's already time to start making holiday travel plans again, but alas, that's what we're doing. This year, we're planning holiday travel for Thanksgiving and Christmas! We're going to places we've never been in both instances.....and can't wait!

I wrote briefly about our Thanksgiving travel plans this year in this previous thread:
http://ashley-twinsanity.blogspot.com/2009/10/making-vacation-plans-thanksgiving.html

And, now, we're in full planning mode for Christmas too. Another road trip for us, much like our Thanksgiving plans, yet to an entirely different destination. For the Christmas holidays, we're looking at visiting both Oregon and Washington this year. I have friends in Washington state who also have young children Paige and Taylor's age and I've been chatting with them and coordinating with them about our visit...it will be so wonderful to see ol' friends again! Mike also has an office in Washington state, so he might combine the vacation time with a little work with a brief stop-over to his Washington office and to meet with fellow co-workers.

We do love road-trips! Road trips are easy on the budget too since we always use some of the reward points that Mike has accrued from his job and all his travel, frequent hotel stays making our lodging totally free! And, of course, lodging is usually one of the biggest expenses, and when you're a family on a budget, finding savings like hotel costs is HUGE! So, this year for the holidays, we'll be making the most of them by hitting the road, seeing the sights and will even pack a portable pre-lit, pre-decorated Christmas tree in the car that can be set up in the hotel rooms and that we will set our Christmas presents under. What's so great about kids and family, is wherever you go, whatever you find yourself doing, some things and traditions are pretty portable - presents, small Christmas tree, decorations, stockings, you name it, just bring it with you! I even have some fond memories from my own childhood of the 4 of us (my dad, my mom, my older brother and I) taking to the road for the holidays...they were always fun times and made for fun memories! Yes, it will be a slightly untraditional Christmas perhaps, but one that we'll be sure to remember with loads of new experiences and places to visit for Paige and Taylor!