Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Come Again...She Weighs What????

We had our standard 3-month check-up with Paige's GI doctor last week; and nothing...nothing...could have prepared me for the news we got from Paige's GI doctor!

Wait for it.....

Paige. Weighs. In. The. 5th. Percentile.

This is just mind blowing to me. After all the work, after all the supplements, after all the fortifying her every bite with extra clinically engineered calories, after all the appetite stimulants, after all the regimens of daily nutritional programs to follow for the past 3 years. The 5th percentile! WOW!!!! It's like all of a sudden black is white, up is down, I'm a Liberal all of a sudden and my husband likes disco and ballet. It's something I just never thought would happen. I mean, holy cow, the 5th percentile!

When the twins were born Paige was 3lbs 0oz and Taylor was 4lbs 8oz. When you're that little, it's amazing what a big difference 1 pound and 8 ounces makes between two babies. Paige has always seemed so much smaller, so tiny. Our little baby bird and our poky little puppy is what her daddy and I have affectionately called her through the years. And interestingly enough, for the last 3+ years, the twins have consistently stayed about 2 pounds apart, just as they were from birth, though as both girls have gotten bigger, their weight difference of 2 pounds has become less and less noticeable, the 2 pound spread between them has remained.

Anyways, back to the GI doctor appointment, I was in such disbelief when the doctor told me Paige has now broken into the 5th percentile for her height/weight ratio. I almost made the doctor take the scale back out and weigh her again...ha, ha, ha.

So, our little baby bird, our poky little puppy is still little, but not as little anymore. In my head, she's still my tiny baby who doesn't like to eat. And, it's true, she still doesn't eat as much as Taylor - but she LOVES her half-n-half, super fatty milk. And, she loves pasta (cheese pizza and spaghetti) so I give her as much as she wants because she's my 'tiny' one. In fact, one week, we had spaghetti every single night for dinner just for Paige and she loved it each and every night even though I think the rest of us were getting pretty burnt-out on spaghetti after 5 days straight....