Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday - Horseback Riding, Trail Walks, Car Mishaps

Friday. Usually a fun day because it often starts this way - a drive to the country, rides on horses, walks on trails and just enjoying the great outdoors - country style. Oh, and all that did happen, however, what we didn't count on was the "fun" (if you can call it that) following the time we spent riding horses and enjoying the country.
After horseback riding was over, we returned to our car only to discover that it wouldn't start. Grrrr. Not good. It not only wouldn't start, but even with the help of a jump-start to the battery, it still wouldn't start. And, it was hot - 100 degree temperatures hot! And, we were already hot from horseback riding and walking the trails. And, we were dirty and stinky from horseback riding. And, since the car wouldn't start, well, we of course had no air conditioning...that ultimately led me to my only recourse...to strip Paige and Taylor down to their little skivvies and wait for Mike to come help us. When Mike finally arrived, we were quite the sight. Yep, there we were looking quite like white trash if I do say so myself - the twins and I sweating it out in 100 degree temperatures, and oh so dirty - dirty jeans, dirty t-shirts and dirty faces from horseback riding just sitting there in our Jeep. We did manage to get the Jeep started and to a nearby car dealership; and hopefully, the Jeep will be ready sometime tomorrow for pick-up.
Although it wasn't exactly the kind of day I'd hoped it would be, one thing did come from today - we're now giving serious thought to retiring the good ol' Jeep once and for all. All 220,000 miles of her. She's been a good car, and we've loved not having a car payment for her for more than a year now, but come on, she's tired, she's ready for a long rest and the 220,000 miles she's wracked up through the years is really starting to show.