Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Playing A Little Blogger Catch Up

I have been a little lax over the past few months with maintaining the blog here...perhaps I had temporarily lost my passion for writing or more likely, life has just been too busy lately to come to the end of the day and then knock out something clever or captivating. I'm not shocked really. It seems to happen to me every few months...I will go into a bit of a writing recession. I will fall behind on what I feel are "noteworthy events" to post to the blog here, and then I begin to kick myself for not journaling every single one of them. I try to continually tell myself that it's my blog, that I'm not doing it for anyone other than me...but that's not really the truth now is it? I mean you're reading it right, and it's likely that you know a few other folks who pop by this blog on occasion. So I suppose that really I'm not just writing for myself... I'm writing for a random group of people, some who I know, some who I don't know other than through this blogosphere world, who are genuinely curious about what's going on in my world, what's going on in my husband's world, what's going on in our children's world...

As for what's been going on? To sum it up briefly... lots! We've had a lot going on. And, unfortunately folks, it's far too much to backtrack on now and try to relay all the details of what's been going on. And really let's all be honest, I'm not about to go flipping back through my datebook and try to rehash the most "noteworthy events" of the past few weeks and months and try to fill in the gaps. Nobody enjoys that. While my writings previously have been pretty spontaneous on this blog, and I'd like for it to continue that way, I will say that I've been pretty content...and most importantly, we've all been healthy. I'm an incredibly busy mom to two incredibly adorable, intelligent, nearly perfect (well, in my opinion anyways) twins...I am going to do my best to hold myself accountable for this blog again. It's important to me, and I know that it's important to some of you as well, and even more importantly, someday this blog will be important to Paige and Taylor helping to recreate a time and history in their young lives.

Well, now that that is out on the table, let me bring a few of you up to date on some recent news and upcoming news. It feels like all of a sudden, everything is happening so quickly - I guess I wasn't kidding when I wrote months ago that there just isn't much time for non-children related activities such as blogging! I cannot believe that I've been a mom for 3-1/2 years and that my children are now quite independent. Everything has happened more quickly than I ever could have imagined, and these 3-1/2 years have literally flown by in many respects. With each day that goes by parenting feels more and more rewarding and satisfying as Paige and Taylor are able to interact with us, live out their little lives, and as their personalities continue to emerge.

Now that Paige and Taylor are getting older, I am beginning to consider placing them in a preschool program this Fall/Winter once the girls turn 4 years old. I am going to spend the upcoming weeks scouting out and visiting a handful of preschools; although, truth be told, I already have one preschool in mind that I have my heart pretty much set on, but nonetheless I am still going to explore other options as well. The preschool that I am really hoping to place Paige and Taylor in this Fall/Winter is an accredited preschool program about 45 minutes from our home. While it is a little bit of a drive, I know a couple people who have already placed their children there and it comes highly recommended. The preschool is an accredited, private Christian preschool, and similar to all accredited preschool programs, this one emphasizes the children's abilities in large motor, fine motor skills, language skills, social, emotional, self-help skills and pre-academic skills in order to prepare them for Kindergarten. This particular preschool also places a special emphasis upon bringing out the individual strengths of each child in a fun environment where the children can explore their world through lots and lots of play.

What I really LOVE about this preschool is that they are also committed to helping every child reach their fullest potential while at the same time teaching the kids what a wonderful creation God has made each of them to be. That is hugely important to me as we seek to find an environment where our daughters will not only be challenged but also accepted and loved for exactly who they are and exactly as God made them. This preschool tends to be a little pricier than your typical public preschool program, so as I seek out enrollment opportunities for Paige and Taylor into this preschool later this year, I will also likely begin to explore some employment opportunities for myself to help us pay for the preschool program/tuition fees. Honestly though, I couldn't think of a better reason to go back to work for a few hours a day - to help pay for a preschool environment where Paige and Taylor will be happy, challenged, have fun and be loved by their teachers and their friends!

Let's see, what else?! Oh, this is awesome, exciting, long-anticipated news which may not be very interesting to you, but let me tell you, it's got me pretty stoked - Mike and I now own two cars that are paid in full! YES! That's right, we just paid off our BMW 3-series this month and , WOW, does it feel good to own another car outright, not to mention how nice it will be to allocate that $500.00 a month to something other than a car payment. WoooooooHoooooo!

See, I told you there was a lot going on lately in our lives...more updates to the blog to follow as the week goes by so be sure to check back again!