Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fly Fishing on the Feather River

Friday was a kid-free day for Mike and me. Mike left work early, came home and we spent the afternoon and evening fly fishing on the Upper North Fork of the Feather River. It was like a date - a long overdue date - which in our busy lives are few and far between these days, so it was truly a welcome change for Mike and me to steal away just the two of us without little ones in tow.

Meanwhile, Paige and Taylor spent Friday afternoon and evening doing what 3-1/2 years olds do best - playing with other little people their age at one of our favorite neighborhood preschools/childcare centers. Here are a few pictures of our fly fishing trip this weekend. Honestly, I don't know what I enjoyed most - the temporary reprieve from being at Paige and Taylor's beckon call, the one-on-one time with my dear husband, the beautiful scenery of the mountains, the big, baggy green waders which made me feel very much like the authentic fly fisher - perhaps it was a combination of all of the above. Regardless, a truly splendid day. Maybe next time, we'll even get lucky and catch some fish!

One of the pools where we fished.

First stop on the river where we fished.
Another view of the river where we spent the day fishing.
Mike rigging up his pole.
That's me rigging up my pole and trying not to hook my fingers on the fly.
Mike perfecting the drift of his line.
Mike waiting for the strike.
Nymph fishing from the rocks, hoping some trout will hit my line.
These green waders are absolutely me!
After a long day on the river, no prize trout to show for. Oh well, there's always next time...