Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekend Outlook

Tommorrow's going to be a great day! Why, you ask? Well, for starters, I am finally going to visit the salon to get my roots touched up. Talk about bad hair days...since I've been long overdue for getting my highlights re-done at the salon and my roots have been showing for weeks now, I've been donning some sort of hair accessory for days and weeks on end it seems. One day it's a do-rag, another day, it's a baseball hat, still another day, it's a paper boy hat. After tomorrow, I can retire all my hair accessories once again, well, at least until my roots starting growing back in.

Also, there is a birthday party in the afternoon/evening for one of my friend's little girls. It's always fun getting together with girlfriends and their little ones and Paige and Taylor always have so much fun playing with other little people just like them. Even better yet, I always have such fun watching them play and interact with their little peers. Oh, oh, oh, and we also happened to spend a day at the park with this same friend and her little girl earlier in the week, so hanging out with them AGAIN two times in one week is a real treat for all of us!

Mike is also home this weekend! YES! Usually he's gone at least one of the days over the weekend with "the boys" - golfing...or poker night...or fishing. Then again, there are many other times when he's holed up in his office over the weekend catching up on his work - he's such a hard worker and such an awesome provider to his family. But, not this weekend, he's ours all ours this weekend. YES! I'm really looking forward to a little extra family time this weekend with him and with all of us.