Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Government Is Not The Solution...It Is Part of The Problem.

"One day, your children will ask, 'what did you do during the revolution?'" - Mark Meckler, Attorney, National Coorindator, California Co-Coordinator, Sacramento Organizer

At it again? Another protest you ask? (Well, just keep reading, and then you'll understand exactly why, YES, there is yet another protest calling out for my active participation.) While I generally try to keep this blog free and clear of my political leanings and opinions, they do occassionally make their way here...follow this blog long enough, and you'll surely discover that to be true. (Follow me on my FaceBook pages, and that's a whole 'nother story...political chatter is often and regular, but not usually here at Twinsanity....)

Not a regular follower of this blog? Well, that's okay too. I'm glad you stopped by and if this sort of subject matter isn't your thing, you can either keep reading or just keep moving along...

AN OPEN LETTER FROM TEA PARTY PATRIOTS OF CALIFORNIA

In California's vast and fertile central valley, the federal government has shut off the water to farmers. Fields lie fallow, and once thriving orchards are dry and dead. After generations on the land, families are losing their farms. In some areas unemployment exceeds 40%. All this to protect a "minnow." Generations of human effort and dreams are destroyed, we become more and more reliant on imported food, and prices rise for all of us. The government is putting fish before families. This insanity must end.

In the mountains, family owned timber operations, working and managing our forests for generations, are being forced into bankruptcy by the state. The government has made their equipment illegal, and regulations are so onerous that it now costs 30% more to bring a standard 2x4 to market in California than it does in Oregon or Washington. Even the large timber companies struggle to survive. In a state rich with timber resources, we import the vast majority of our building materials from other states, because the cost of local production is simply too high due to severe overregulation. The timber industry is literally being driven out of business by the politicians in
Sacramento...

Keep reading the full letter (partial excerpt shown above) by simply clicking here: http://site.sac828.org/uploads/Sac8.28_Meckler_Open_Letter_1_.pdf

For more information on the March on Sacramento event at the Capitol Steps this Friday, August 28, visit the web site at: http://site.sac828.org/ Here, you will also find a plethora of information on our grass-roots coalition, the harmful laws threatening prosperity, families and businesses in California and much, much more.

P.S. Be sure to come back to this blog for post-event pictures, highlights and other news of the day from this week's March on Sacramento. You'll even find a few pictures of yours truly in all of my protesting glory, and you know that's always a kick in and of itself. Ha, ha.