Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me, I'm 29 AGAIN.

I don't know how I've managed to do it, but I have once again turned 29. Yes, this past Friday, it was my birthday. First things first - a BIG thank you to the friends and family who emailed me, called me, left messages, sent cards, sent gifts and generally indulged me in allowing me to think that I'm actually still 29. 29, I know! What good friends and family you are!

Okay, so I'm actually 35 now. Yikes, 35...could my life already be half-over?! That's a scary thought, so I dwelled on that thought for only a few minutes yesterday. Today, I am finding myself thinking that 35 is the new 25 and it's going to be a great year. I've been blessed beyond measure with a wonderful husband and two awesome children and if I gain nothing more this next year but another year of life and love with my family then 35 will be a GREAT year!

Although, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock says the biological clock and hello, I'm 35...so, could this be the year that we have another baby? Tick-tock, tick-tock. Then again, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock says the career clock and hello, I'm 35 and haven't worked in my field in 4 years...so, could this be the year that I return to the work force at some point? Tick-tock, tick-tock.

To tell you the truth, I don't know what lies ahead of me this next year, let alone what tomorrow, next week, next month will bring. And, that whole tick-tock clock thing, well, I'm just thankful it's still ticking. One thing I do know is this - God has granted me another year of life and whatever this next year brings, I want it to count for something, so let the journey of 35 as the new 25 begin.