Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

We love our church! And, not just because yesterday, following the morning service and Sunday school, there was an opportunity to carve pumpkins but because...oh, okay, that is one of the reasons we love our church! Our church always provides families with opportunities to take part in good fun with other church families and friends who attend and yesterday was one of those times. After the twins finished their Sunday school class, and after Mike and I had attended the morning worship service, we all joined together again to take part in the pumpkin carvings. Paige and Taylor picked out the pumpkin for our family, Mike had the honors of gutting the innards and pulling out all the seeds, and I pitched in with the face carving handiwork. Now, I know what I'm about to say here flies in the face of the spirit of humility, but can I just say that Martha Stewart's got absolutely nothing on us when it comes to carving pumpkin faces....
Checking out the pumpkins, trying to decide which one to pick.
Paige settles on this pumpkin.
Mike showing Taylor the oooey-goooey pumpkin innards and seeds.
Taylor chows down on a pumpkin-flavored donut, complete with pumpkin-flavored frosting and topped with candy corn.
Let the carvings begin...
Checking out the face of our masterpiece.