Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm Here, But Not On Here...

Yes, I'm still here but yes, I have been missing from this blog for the past few days.

I have begun to re-read some classic pieces of literature: I read 1984 by George Orwell a couple of months ago, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley a couple months ago and now I am in the process of re-reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Gosh, the last time I read these books was during my highschool and college years (talk about your nostalgia and your walk down the literary memory lane - it was a long time ago that I read these books), but I have found new reason to re-read these books this year.

Some 15-20 years ago, when I first read these novels, I vaguely recall vacillating between feelings of "wow, this is some scary stuff" and "oh, that could never really happen." Well, here's a moment of honesty from me - I will tell you that what has inspired me to re-read these books stems directly from current events in our country, in our society, in our economy and in our culture. While these books, when written, were purely fictional and satirical in their nature, I do find some striking similarities between what the writers depicted in each of their books and what is unfolding today in current events. Some of the writings are almost prophetic if you will, though I use the word "prophetic" loosely.

I will return to this blog again in another few days; but until then, I will simply leave you with this thought as it relates to our present day and as it relates to what I have been reading this year: pay attention, ask reasonable questions, connect the dots, get involved, but most importantly, PAY ATTENTION.