Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Crushes...Really, Could It Be So?

Paige and Taylor seem to have their first crush from a little 5 year old boy named Carter. Carter's mom told me today that he wants to "see Paige and Taylor everyday and that he just gets so excited when he talks about Paige and Taylor...."

A little boy having a crush on our twins. I admit, it is pretty cute. Really it is, but does this kinda' stuff really start at this age???? Until today, if you'd asked me, I would have thought that it would be years before I started seeing little crushes from boys in the neighborhood over Paige and Taylor. And, that got me thinking and even observing....

After hearing of Carter's "crush" on Paige and Taylor, I couldn't help but notice that Carter was actually blushing around Paige and Taylor today. Yes, BLUSHING!!!! Like, I said, it's cute and all - but, blushing at 5 years old around the twins - really?!

Then, I had a moment of fast-forwarding, and I could almost envision the next 15 or so years: Boys chasing after Paige and Taylor and in turn, I could almost envision some of the twin trickery I've heard so much about that goes hand-in-hand with being identical twins. A couple friends I know, who happen to also be identical twin sisters, have told me that during their middle school and high school years one of their favorite things to do was confuse the heck out of their friends and boyfriends by impersonating each other. Yes, I can see it now...Paige and Taylor will have the same smile and twinkle in their eyes, and oh, yes, there will be trickery, plenty of trickery I'm sure, they will play tricks on their friends and boyfriends, they will turn heads (as they do now) because after all, seeing double is so unusual.

That said, of course, as unique as their twinness is and although they share similar physical traits in their appearances, they're still completely unique individuals. They have their own personalities, they have their own likes/dislikes, they have their own body language, their own ways of expressing themselves, and their wonderful differences will continue to define them as much as their sameness will. Perhaps this is precisely what has already caught the attention of 5 year old Carter - that here are these two little blonde haired, blue eyed girls who look so similar, yet are at the same time so different - and, no doubt, Carter's probably found himself thinking to himself, was that Paige I saw just now? Or was that Taylor I saw just now? And, oh wait, now they're together!

It's really going to be an interesting and extraordinary journey as the years continue to go by raising identical twins...but, in the meantime, Carter will probably continue to blush around Paige and Taylor and his mom has already informed me that Carter wants Paige and Taylor at his next birthday party and that I should be on the lookout for an invitation. Love it!