Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Travel, Vacation, Sightseeing in Washington DC

Sooooooo excited about the coming vacation for our family. We're traveling to the East Coast to spend a couple of weeks in not only my hometown but also one of the most powerful, greatest cities in the world - Washington DC. I love going "home" - that's Washington DC and its suburbs where I grew up - and I am especially looking forward to the occasion this year where we will have an opportunity to do some incredible sightseeing with Paige and Taylor. There are so many things that we have planned for the two weeks that we're visiting the East Coast, among them the following:

SMITHSONIAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY:

This is one of my all-time favorite museums of the Smithsonian Institute. I loved this museum as a young child and am excited about giving Paige and Taylor their first taste of natural history as only the Smithsonian Institute can. Whether looking at the history and cultures of Africa, describing the earliest mammals around the world, exploring the notorious dinosaurs, or discovering beautiful, rare gemstones such as the infamous Hope diamond, this trip to the Natural History Museum is sure to make for great entertainment for the twins! Can't you just imagine the expressions on Paige and Taylor's faces when they get up close and personal to the dinosaur exhibits?! It's going to be absolutely priceless.

PENTAGON MEMORIAL 9/11:

While Paige and Taylor are certainly too young to appreciate The Pentagon Memorial, this is one destination that ranks very high on my list as a sightseeing must for our family while we're in Washington DC. Here, the families of more than 180 victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in Washington DC are honored and remembered. This special place of rememberance and respect is one of two destinations that our family has planned to visit this year in honor of 9/11...later this Summer, our family will be traveling to New York to visit 'Ground Zero' where more than 3,000 individuals lost their lives to the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. Visiting both The Pentagon Memorial and 'Ground Zero' this year is such a privilege for our family and visiting these two memorials is just a small way that we can show our respect for the thousands of victims and our commitment to never forget the events and tragedies of that fateful day.

NATIONAL ZOO:


A trip "home" to Washington DC just wouldn't be complete without a trip to the National Zoo. Like the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, this too was always a favorite destination for me as a small child. I can't wait to show Paige and Taylor this magnificent zoo set in one of the nation's most magnificent cities! The giant pandas, the gorillas, the wild African safari cats, the elephants, gosh, there are just so many incredible animal exhibits at this zoo, I only hope that we can see them all during our visit to the zoo. Paige and Taylor will absolutely love the National Zoo...I just know it!

WHITE HOUSE TOUR:

The White House. Definitely, one of the world's most famous buildings!

We are seriously lucky and fortunate on this one. My parents just happen to know and have a personal frienship with one of The White House congressional representatives and therefore, we have an "in" for a VIP tour of The White House. Most tours of The White House are only offered as public tours of groups of 10 or more people, and you also typically have to arrange for tour requests up to six months in advance because public tours are only offered on a limited basis, so like I said, this is a real privilege and a once in a lifetime opportunity for our family. What a memory this will make for Paige and Taylor and the photo opportunities to boot...what their young 3 year old minds won't recall, the pictures that we take certainly will help recreate this special memory and this awesome experience that Paige and Taylor got to participate in at such a young age! Can't wait!

With all this and more to look forward to, hmmmmmm, I may need to purchase an extra film data disk for my digital camera so I am sure to capture all the highlights of the vacation....