Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

48 Hours Later

Well, just 48 hours after my "Ugh. Sick - Every One of Us." posting (http://ashley-twinsanity.blogspot.com/2008/12/ugh-sick-every-one-of-us.html), did my predictions prove true for Paige.

Tonight, Paige started throwing up. Ah, yes, the throwing up, how well I know it when it comes to Paige. It's the first indicator to me that she's on her way to an ear infection. Whenever Paige gets sick, whether it be a sniffle, slight cough or a cold, it ALWAYS leads to an ear infection. You can try to prevent the onslaught of the ear infection by treating the first signs of sickness, runny nose, cough but alas, with Paige, you just can't keep the ear infections from happening. The ear infections are always accompanied by multiple episodes of throwing up, neither of which are good for Paige since she's our finicky little eater. She eats like a bird when she's 100% healthy, but if she is even slightly sick, well you can forget about her eating...it's just a lost cause.

And, of course, we're about to go into the weekend so I can either get lucky and manage to get an appointment to see our pediatrician on short notice on Friday or I can spend a good 2-3 hours in the waiting room at one of these walk-in clinics over the weekend. The former is my preferred choice, however, it may not be the likely scenario leaving me no other choice than to go to one of these walk-in clinics on Saturday or Sunday. Yuck.

If there is an upside to this, it is this:

If Paige does have an ear infection, then her pediatrician has already indicated to me, during a previous visit with him, that if Paige has 3-4 ear infections during this winter's season, he's going to (FINALLY) consider her as a candidate for tubes in the ears. (I guess she's approaching that magical, mysterious minimum # of ear infections required by the medical community making her now eligible for tubes). Well, all I can say to this is finally, finally, finally, finally. I certainly don't wish for Paige to have an ear infection ever, but if she's going to be getting them anyways, I at least want to know, that the pediatrician is finally going to consider taking the next step towards getting tubes in her ears. I've been inquiring and asking for tubes for Paige for a while now, but alas, no tubes. As Paige's mom, after wrestling with what seems like a zillion ear infections during the Fall/Winter months for the last 3 years, I for one am all for tubes in her ears! (Can't you just hear me now, "tube her, tube her, tube her, tube her")

Hopefully, tonight will be a peaceful night's sleep for Paige (and the rest of us) and that she won't wake up wretching and throwing up in the middle of the night. I've already set out a fresh pair of new pj's and a new change of bedding in her room however just in case....and, tomorrow morning, I'll be making the calls to the pediatrician's office and keeping my fingers crossed that he can squeeze us in lickety-split for an appointment so we can get Paige a RX for her ear infection (if that's what she has) and be on our way.