Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Pictures - Part 1

I'm calling this "Christmas Pictures - Part 1" because I'm sure there will be a whole series of subsequent posts over the next couple of weeks that will become part of our Christmas 2008 memories.

I strung the lights on our tree last night after the twins went to bed, so today, I took advantage of a partially decorated tree for our first set of random Christmas photos. Paige and Taylor were NOT interested in having their pictures taken with the tree but they did manage to sit next to each other on the floor just long enough for me to snap a couple half-way decent pictures.


- Taylor (L), Paige (R) -

I so love this picture. Don't their darling little faces illustrate how so uninterested they were in getting their pictures taken?! Just look at Taylor. Oh, sure, she's got her festive green snowman and reindeer zippy onesie on and her cute little red bow in her hair, but look at that face. She's looking completely unimpressed with mom's attempts at getting a sweet Christmas picture by the tree. And, Paige. Just look at her. Yeah, she's got the right cute outfit on and her hair looks perfect - slightly disheveled with slightly perfect spiral curls - but look at that face. Completely uninterested as well, just like her sister.


- Taylor (L), Paige (R) -

Now, they're starting to get a little possessive with the camera shots. Paige decides to exercise some of the assertiveness that comes with that little red power-suit zippy she's wearing and gives Taylor a quick back-hand as if to say, "this picture is going to be all about me."

- Taylor (L), Paige (R) -

And, it just keeps getting more confrontational. Taylor, feeling snubbed, is like "oh, yeah...do you and that little red power-suit zippy wanna' bring it?" And, Paige. Well, just look at her. That turned-up nose in the air to Taylor says it all, doesn't it? Paige is completely unmoved by Taylor.

- Taylor (L), Paige (R) -

And, there you have it. Paige successfully managed to keep herself front and center during today's photo taking at the Christmas tree.

Later this week, I'm hoping to take a trip to the mall with the girls so that we can snap some photos of them sitting on Santa's lap. I imagine that these will make for some good photos - I'm either going to capture 2 little girls in pictures who are super-excited to tell Santa how good they've been all year OR who are quite diabolical and who want nothing to do with this Santa man. With little ones at this age, you just never know what you're going to get when you take them to see Santa. Either way it goes down, I'll have my camera at the ready.