Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday

This morning started off with a rigorous undertaking for Mike. Mike ran the California International Marathon. Paige and Taylor were there to send him off with a hug and a big "Go, daddy". Unfortunately, the temperatures were quite cold - in the low 40's - this morning so the girls and I didn't stay long. Here is a photo taken right before Mike joined the other runners. When Mike returned home from the run later in the morning, I asked him how he did...he finished and averaged about a 9-minute mile so he was happy with that. He also shared with me that the last couple of miles were getting pretty grueling and that what kept him going those last miles was the thought that Taylor might never be able to run in a marathon so he was going to finish this run for her. As he told me that, some tears came to my eyes and I was very proud of him!

- Taylor, Mike, Paige -

Well, as Mike was running in the marathon, the girls and I returned home to make a homemade batch of peanut butter fudge. We decided to make it to give as a pre-Christmas gift to a couple of the physical therapists who work with Taylor this coming week. The twins also got to help make the fudge, stirring the ingredients. Now, as I upload these pictures of our fudge-making this morning, I just realized how dangerously close that burning candle is in the background. Oooops. Well, at least I didn't let them use the electric mixer to stir the fudge!


- Paige stirring the fudge. She kept saying, "Ewww, sticky." -


- Taylor stirring the fudge. She didn't care that it was sticky. -