Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Ugh. Sick - Every One of Us.


So, after making it through all of November and the first couple of weeks of December pretty unscathed, well, sickness around our house is back and rearing its ugly head.

First, let’s talk about me. I’ve had a persistent cough and a really raspy voice. It’s actually a sexy sounding voice, and I kinda’ like it, but since it is accompanied by a terrible sore throat, I’d rather not sound sexy so that I could actually feel that way instead. But, there is just nothing appealing or sexy about spraying my throat every night with Chloraseptic spray just to try to keep my cough at bay while I sleep. And, there is definitely nothing sexy about my baggy sweatpants I'm slumming around in, even if they are from that infamous Pink line.

Now, let’s talk about my husband. He has just begun to complain about what he describes as a slight sore throat. I tell him that I’m sorry, knowing he most likely caught my cold, but assure him that I have all the Chloraseptic spray and cold medicine he could ever need once he goes into full sick mode.

And, now for the twins. Taylor has been waking up the last couple of mornings with a gunky, crusty nose and throughout the day has had a runny nose. I suspect she has now caught my cold as well. She has coughed a few times, but has generally been fine otherwise. This is pretty typical for Taylor when she gets sick. She’ll just get a teeny bit of a bug and then be over it in a matter of a few days. Unfortunately, the other half of this sickness equation is that Paige will also likely get sick now too. And, let me tell you, by the time Paige’s symptoms show up, Paige will have this godforsaken version of the exact same bug as Taylor but it will manifest itself in a far, far different way. I’m already anticipating what Paige’s sickness will look like – it will likely start with just a runny nose and I will be hoping against hope that it won’t progress to more, but deep down in my heart, I know better. Sadly, I know that it likely will turn into much, much more. For Paige, it will likely turn into this fierce little cold accompanied with a fever and vomiting. Rats, that blasted vomiting! Vomiting for which there will be no predictors for when and where she will throw up. It could be in the car, in the store, in the bed, on her sister, on the couch but happen it will. And, so I wait. Wait for Taylor to pass on her benign little cold to her sister Paige. And, then brace myself and wait for Paige’s version of the same cold to become this raging little sickness.