Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Great Christmas Tree Hunt

Any good hunter will tell you that it’s the thrill of the chase. Well, the same rang true when Paige and Taylor took to the California tree farms in search of their perfect Christmas tree last year.

We set out in our SUV on a crisp Saturday morning, the twins bundled in their winter-wear. Winter-wear in California is layering a sweater over a shirt. For the twins, we threw in a stylish leopard print hat and their baby “Ugg” boots, just so they’d be sure to look extra cute for any and all photo opps.



We traipsed all over the mountainside of the tree farm looking for the perfect tree. Traipsing all over a mountainside with twins is an adventure in itself, but that’s another story, another day. In keeping with the thrill of the chase/hunter theme, we of course knew that there was always a better tree just around the next bend and the next clearing. Already, Paige and Taylor were learning an important life lesson - to never settle. Eventually, we found our perfect Christmas tree.

The Search for the Perfect Tree Underway
- Photo: Taylor (foreground) / Paige (background) -
- Photo: Paige (L), Mom, Taylor (R) -

The Twins Get Help Up the Hill from Dad
- Photo: Paige (L), Dad, Taylor (R) -

Paige Wiggling Free to Find More Trees
- Photo: Paige (L), Mom, Taylor (R) -
Let's Keep Looking for the Perfect Tree
- Photo: Paige (L), Taylor (R), Mom -