Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane


Today, I decided to stroll down memory lane. While I’m extremely blessed and fortunate to have such wonderful children, motherhood hasn’t been a piece of cake. Thinking back upon life pre-twins and pre-motherhood can be a nice distraction from time to time – and today was one of those days. Besides the day-to-day stress of raising twins there are the other everyday worries to tend to – that maybe we’re not saving enough for the children’s college funds, that there always seems to be a surplus of doctor appointments for the twins to be running to and from and that there are a myriad of other demands on us daily. That’s life, I know, but remembering when our biggest concerns as a married couple were juggling our separate work schedules to rendevous after work and squeeze in 9 holes of golf or planning out our next exciting vacation was actually a little refreshing and invigorating today. I’ll take you back with me on my little trip down memory lane today....

Leisure Years


There was a time when my husband and I had lots of time - no, more like oogles and oogles of time - for whatever we wanted to do. When the impulse would hit us to do something, we just did it. This was of course well before Paige and Taylor. I’ll call these our leisure years.

There was time for golfing (as often as we wanted)! Here’s me on the greens – nailing a pretty nice shot too.



Ashley Golfing in Monterey, California


There was time for taking exotic vacations. One year it was to Cancun, another to Italy to tour Venice, Milan and Rome and still another to Hawaii to island hop from Kona, Oahu and Kauai. Here we are enjoying the warm sunshine in Hawaii and Cancun.



Ashley and Mike Poolside in Cancun, Mexico


Ashley and Mike in Oahu


The Wedding

So, in this blog, I’ve mentioned my awesome husband a few times. Well, a trip down memory lane just wouldn’t be complete without a look back at our blissful wedding day. My, my, my what a difference just a couple of years of marriage makes. (We looked like little kids in our wedding picture). I’ve also thrown in an extra photo of my smashingly handsome husband.





Oh, Happy Day. May 2003


See, I Told You He Was Nice Looking!

Fast Forward to Instant Family with Twins

These days we may not get to travel as exotically or as often as we used to or get to play as many rounds of golf as we used to but that is part of this whole journey. These days our excursions center around trips to the zoo, train rides, trips to the park, etc. etc. We have had our ups and downs but through it all, we’ve tried to keep our marriage at the forefront of our decisions knowing that we both deserve to be taken care of and loved before all other duties in life. At times, this has been an especially tough principle to adhere to since the twins completed our family. It’s really all too easy to put their needs and demands first (especially as a mother), leaving both of us a little deflated, a little more than exhausted, and zapped of energy sometimes. In the end though we know that life will continue to take us down many paths and we will always have each other to lean on and our kids will be right there with us making the journey even more memorable.


Train Ride in the Park
- Photo: Mike with Paige / Ashley with Taylor -

Trip to Six Flags

5 Years Of Marriage Later....We Still Have Each Other to Lean On!