Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Disneyland, Here We Come!

My husband and I always thought that we wouldn’t take our kids to Disneyland until they were old enough to actually remember it. However… after finding out that kids under 3 are FREE, we just couldn’t resist! And, besides, who doesn't love a good bargain so the timing seems right enough...After all, the next time we go to Dinsneyland, we’ll be paying for at least 4 people, maybe more, if we should decide to have more kids.


In another few weeks, the 4 of us will be traveling to Southern California for the twins’ first Disneyland experience! In anticipation of the trip, I already am finding myself pointing out every Disney character we see and have even been encouraging Paige and Taylor to watch more of their favorite Disney shows…eventually, as the time gets closer, I will start talking with the twins every day about how many days are left until we get to see Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Pluto, Daisy and Donald Duck, etc.

They will begin to really get excited! I just know that they will have an awesome time at Disneyland. I can even anticipate that they will go through withdrawl once we leave Disneyland. Somehow, I just can’t imagine that taking the girls to the park in our neighborhood afterwards will even come close to Disneyland.

So, one of my upcoming dilemmas, in planning for our trip, will be what kind and how many strollers to take. Do we take our double-seater stroller? Do we just buy a couple cheap umbrella strollers so we can maneuver through the crowds easily? Or, do we rent a couple strollers at Disneyland…for $10.00 a day though to rent the strollers, I could just buy those 2 umbrella strollers I saw at Target. I'll figure it out but I do have some thinking to do on this one.

In the end, the squeals of delight, overwhelming excitement, and pure joy on their faces while at Dinseyland will be such fun for our family! (Not to mention 2 exhausted girls at the end of each day – as a mom, I always love that). Although, our trip is still several weeks away, I’m already excited about it….