Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Update to Friday's Secret Admirer Posting

As an update to Friday's posting "Do I Have A Secret Admirer?"

http://ashley-twinsanity.blogspot.com/2008/10/do-i-have-secret-admirer.html

I can now answer the question of whether or not I have a secret admirer. Well, yes and no. The Palin Power t-shirt which was anonymously left on my front door step last Friday is no longer a mystery.

Several hours after I discovered the shirt, I received a phone call from one of my very good friends in California. Now, what you must know is that she is an ultra-liberal who on the political spectrum is my mirror opposite on almost every social, cultural, religious, philosophical and political issue. As soon as she told me on the phone that the t-shirt was a gift from her...I just laughed! Actually, after we shared a good laugh, I think the first words out of my mouth to her were:

"Wow, I can only imagine how painful that must've been for you. First, going into the store and browsing the Republican political paraphenelia, then choosing the Palin Power t-shirt, then actually standing in line to purchase the t-shirt. It must have been a truly awkward experience for you...and, I hope you didn't develop some strange twitch or hives from touching something symbolizing Republican-ism" Ha, ha, ha.

So, as I was saying, my friend who gave me the Palin Power t-shirt is one of many uber Liberal girlfriends that I have. Interestingly enough, I have more Liberal friends here in California than I ever did while living on the East Coast although I had a good number back there too. This friend, however, is one who no matter how heated, how canktankerous our political discussions get (and there have been quite a few of them through the years) has a great outlook on our friendship. In her own words: "Ashley, if I'd known all of your political views as well as I know them now, I'm sure you and I would have never become such good friends...but, now that we're friends, I can't imagine not having you as such a good friend." Ditto for me!!!

So, as promised to all the Twinsanity readers, here is a photo of me wearing the Palin Power t-shirt. Knowing that it was a gift from one of my dear-est (Liberal) friends makes it even more remarkable and makes it even more enjoyable to wear. Speaking of wearing it, I am seeing my friend this next week for dinner. I called her to tell her that I'll be wearing the t-shirt she gave me, but will spare her some of her embarrassment of being seen with a Palin fan by also wearing a button-up cardigan over it. She laughed! Ditto for me!!!