Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ooooooh, Look!

Oooooh, look! Twins at the park videos. I know what you're thinking...more ho-hum, humdrum home videos of the twins! Okay, okay, so I know that these kinds of videos are pretty boring for most of you, but I have no excuse and I will make no apologies other than to say this is a mom who is totally in love with her kids and loves to show them off. (As if you couldn't tell by now, right?!).

What a great day the girls had at the park today. For those of you out there being driven crazy by your own 2-year olds, particularly if you have twins, I feel your pain which is why I like to capture the happenings of the twins on video when they're not fighting, biting, scratching, pulling hair, or cat-fighting in some other fashion with each other, hence the day at the park videos today.

I often don't give myself (and my husband) enough credit, watching some of my friends with their 2-year olds, getting out frequently, disciplining effectively, living MUCH saner lives, and looking far more rested than me! But my friends have assured me that they all have their difficult times dealing with just (1) 2-year old. So, with little-to-no advice, I will leave you other moms of twins out there with a simple note of empathy....just know that whatever "terrible" phase you're going through will come to an end. The twins turn 3 in a couple more months, and while I can't say that it ever gets easier, it is certainly beginning to feel bearable again. Maybe I will have some real words of wisdom down the road....of what I wish I had known as I was raising twins...unfortunately, we only get on-the-job training when it comes to raising our kids. Besides, that's usually the best kind of mommy training anyways, wouldn't you say?!