Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Reflecting on Today's Headlines

Anyone who knows me in real life knows I can be pretty opinionated and pretty passionate about a range of issues and subjects, and while I have tried to leave politics and personal commentary out of this blog unless it pertains to my life with twins, well, sometimes admittedly I get sidetracked and venture into other subjects from time to time here on Twinsanity. Trust me on this one, if you read this blog long enough and often enough, you'll get a view into my life and perspectives on things beyond child-rearing, twins, toddlers, day-to-day stuff moms do, etc.

Well, today, I'm having one such moment and am finding myself reflecting on current headlines making the news...I don't have much time to write or wax poetic however because I'm in between loads of laundry, mopping the floors and cleaning the bathrooms while the twins are down for their afternoon nap but here are some of the top headlines that caught my attention today....

1. California's unemployment rate rose to 10.1%, it's highest level in a quarter century.
2. California's state capitol is holding its very own "Tea Party" to protest the continued government waste. (Nearly 40 "Tea Party" protests are happening around the country today and I say "Go, Go, Go All You Tea Party-ers!" I'm protesting with them in spirit!).
3. California, the world's eighth largest economy, continues to suffer from a prolonged housing downturn. (If you could just drive down our neighborhood streets, or for that matter, practically any neighborhood street in California, you'd find yourselves tallying up as I have how many homes are now listed as either "Bank Owned" or "Short Sale". In our neighborhood, the # of homes for sale just increased by 2 bringing our neighborhood's grand total to 11 homes currently on the market.).
4. Enemy combatants in the 'War On Terror' are going to be moving to civilian courts for prosecution. (Since when did foregin enemy combatants gain the same constitutional rights as our own citizens?)
5. "By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end" states President Obama to our U.S. military troops in Camp LeJeune, NC. (While I am not especially fond of the idea of an arbitrary withdrawl timeline, I imagine that there are many of Obama's base that are pleased and some that are probably not so pleased because it's not happening FAST ENOUGH for them).
6. President Obama wants to rescind a Bush administration rule that strengthened job protections for doctors and nurses who refuse for moral reasons to perform abortions.
7. Iran continues to pursue its long-range missile system with the launching of its first "Hope" satellite into space.
8. Israel prepares to strike Iran without U.S. consent. Israel is drawing up plans to attack Iran's nuclear facilities and is prepared to launch a strike without backing from the U.S.
9. The market continues its economic freefall with the Dow hitting yet another new 11-year low mid-day today.
10. The proud mother of 14 from California, better known as "Octo-mom", expands her newly developed web site: http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/ (This one continues to be quite the responsibility riddle for me...1 mother, 8 newborns, 14 total offspring, 15 minutes of fame, no job, no viable plan for raising 14 children = ????)

Now, back to my daily chores...