Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

XOXOXOXO (Happy Valentine's Day)

Today is Valentine's Day and all across the country, candy, flowers, jewelery, balloons and other gifts were exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of love! Whether you celebrated a quiet Valentine's Day at home, at a romantic restaurant or some other venue, I hope you and yours enjoyed all the blessings and bounty of your special love and romance!

At our house, Valentine's Day kicked off with Paige and Taylor discovering what Cupid had brought them overnight - 2 HUGE "I Love You" balloons. These were the mother of all balloons...comparably sized to that of a bean bag and nearly as big as Paige and Taylor. (I don't think I've spent $10.00 on one measely balloon EVER, but this year, I spent that twice because these were THE coolest balloons in the store and I just knew Paige and Taylor would love them for all their big red HUGE-ness). The twins also received some other goodies from Cupid -- Valentine's Day M&M's, (2) Webkin Valentine's kittycat stuffed animals and a couple of little miniature-sized Cupid dolls including those infamous novelty conversation candy hearts! It was candy and sugar overload and it was only 9:00 AM....wow, what a way to start the day! Oh, and did I mention that before Cupid gave the Valentine's Day candy and goodies to Paige and Taylor, we all sang "Happy Valentine's To You, Happy Valentine's To You, Happy Valentine's Dear Paige and Taylor, Happy Valentine's Day To You".


Following the little song, we all gave each other hugs...mommy and daddy gave each other hugs, mommy and daddy gave hugs to Paige and Taylor, Paige and Taylor gave each other hugs and since their "Momo" from Virginia is still visiting us, hugs to "Momo" as well.

Below are a few photos of Valentine's Day at our house this morning.