Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seeing Is Believing

Sometimes a person just has to see for themselves to truly believe.

For the past few weeks, I've been telling my husband that Taylor is near potty-trained. I've told him how she stays dry in her "big girl" panties for the day and that the only time she has been in diapers has been overnight while she sleeps and during naptime during the day. I have also told him about how Taylor has the occasional accident still, but that's to be expected as you're learning to potty-train.

Well, in spite of my telling him how well Taylor has been doing...I could tell he still wasn't quite the believer. Sometimes a person just has to see for themselves to truly believe. Besides, he spends all day at the office so why would he think otherwise since most times he still sees them in diapers when going to bed at night and when waking in the morning. He is not at home all day to see the progress that I see moment by moment, day by day. Well, today, I think my husband became a believer of what I'd been saying about Taylor and her potty-training.

This morning, while I was downstairs, Mike asked Taylor if she needed to go potty. She said, "Yes". After about 1 minute on the potty, Taylor stood up and said, "I did it, all done." My husband then proceeded to tell me all about it. He was very excited too. As he talked about how impressed he was that Taylor told him she needed to go and how about she just sat down on the potty and did her pee-pee lickety-split, it was at that moment that I knew my husband (finally) believed me because he had seen it first-hand for himself!

In other news from the potty-training arena, Paige is still quite uninterested in using the "big girl" potty. Oh, well, I'll take 50% potty-trained in my pair of twins with Taylor for now. Practice makes perfect and eventually, Paige will get it. Until she does, I'm now revelling and basking in how easy life is getting have one of the twins well on her way to truly being a potty-trained "big girl"!