Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Wishes & Photos


I am married to a wonderful husband who I couldn't imagine life without. Of course, I know this EVERYDAY but on special occasions, or most recently, on his birthday, I am especially reminded of how fortunate I am to be married to him. It sounds so cliché but after just a couple of weeks of dating him, I knew that he was the ONE. From our first date, to our first kiss to our first cross-country move, and to so many other firsts I’ve experienced with him in just a few short years, I really am the luckiest, happiest girl in the whole world! If our first years together have been this good, I can only imagine what the next few years will bring….

Well, anyways, I am a couple days late posting some of the pictures taken from his birthday but hopefully, despite how late I am with the updates, our family and friends will enjoy seeing my handsome hubby and our even more beautiful little girls as they help to celebrate and eat Mike’s birthday cake. The twins got to help with the birthday cake this year. They were officially in charge of sprinkling the shredded coconut shavings on top, and what a fabulous job they did!!!

Presents included: various gift certificates to some of Mike’s favorite stores, gift cards – always a great thing ‘cuz they’re just like cold cash, a new laptop with web cam video, and a day out playing a round of golf with “the boys”. Thanks again to the many family and friends who really spoiled him this year for his birthday!

Paige (L) and Taylor (R) help blow out the candles.

Paige refuses to eat any of the birthday cake. Just look at that face.

Paige watching Taylor eat the birthday cake.

Taylor wasn't so keen on the birthday cake either.

Taylor chooses to gnaw and nibble on the wax candle instead.