Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Week In Review

This week was the Republican National Convention – that’s like the SUPERBOWL for me – so it trumped most of my other extracurricular activities including any and all postings to my blog site this week. Didn't I warn you that I was a die-hard political junkie? Ha, ha. Anyways, a quick ‘week in review’ will hopefully suffice the loyal “Twinsanity” readers for now and I’ll be back to more consistent updates again starting next week.

Monday – Labor Day. The twins and I got to spend an extra day with Mike and how nice it was to have him all to ourselves for the 3-day weekend!

Tuesday – Pretty uneventful during the day – only 1 therapy appointment to attend that day. I'll say it again - only 1 appointment. That really makes my day!!!!! No mid-day nap for the twins so that bedtime could happen a little earlier than usual to help ensure I got to watch the speeches and highlights of the RNC. Foregoing our usual naptime during the day made for a little more agony and whining from the twins 'til bedtime finally rolled around but sacrificing naptime was worth it to enjoy the RNC totally uninterrupted.

Wednesday – Physical therapy appointment for Taylor. No mid-day nap for the twins so that again, bedtime could happen at a reasonable time freeing both Mike and me to watch the RNC highlights on television uninterrupted. And, what a night it was for a die-hard conservative like me to watch that Sarah Palin! Talk about an inspirational woman! Palin seems to have really shaken up everybody’s political game. Wooh-yeah!



The Best Man Turned Out to Be A Woman

Can I just say that I think she truly epitomizes a great female role model and is living proof that a woman really can do it all and have it all. A mother to five, a wife, a businesswoman, a political mover/shaker, a Governor and now the first woman nominated as VP in Republican history! She makes me an even more loyal (and more proud) supporter of the Republican ticket this election. On a related note, I’ve enjoyed watching and hearing the commentary since her appointment to VP at the RNC…the liberal media and surprisingly enough the feminists out there have been criticizing her. What?! Doesn’t her post now represent the ultimate arrival of a woman to one of the highest held public offices? I would have thought that feminists would have been championing her appointment to VP but ironically that very same group has been among her largest critics. I'm confused. Oh, well, that’s another discussion another time – a discussion for somewhere other than the “Twinsanity” blog I suppose.

Thursday – A dentist appointment for Paige in the morning. The good news for Paige – no cavities. The bad news – she was not a willing participant in her dental check-up ultimately requiring one dental assistant, the dentist plus me holding her down to make that dental check-up happen. We go back in another 3 months to the dentist for Paige. With Paige’s history of acid reflux and the vomiting that has accompanied her reflux, the dentist wants to see Paige every 3 months. Taylor, on the other hand, gets off easy only having to go to the dentist every 6 months. Speaking of Taylor, she had swimming and enjoyed every minute of it. She loves playing basketball in the water and sitting on the kickboards. But, perhaps her favorite thing is climbing out of the water and jumping off the side of the pool into her swim therapist’s arms. She just laughs and laughs. After the girls went to bed for the night, Mike and I once again lounged out in front of the boob tube to catch John McCain’s speech at the RNC. A great finale to the 3 nights of speeches and rallying the party!!!!

Friday – Therapy for Taylor this morning. I won’t even elaborate on what a horrible experience today’s therapy appointment was for Taylor, but trust me when I say it was 1-1/2 hours of torment, crying and major meltdowns from Taylor. Ugh. I don’t know how much more I can take of this…it’s getting harder and harder to bear watching Taylor endure the Friday therapy sessions. It’s a therapist whom Taylor hasn’t really connected with…I also don’t really like some of the therapist’s approaches to dealing with Taylor…and I’m now beginning to give serious consideration to making what I think is a much-needed therapist change for the sake of Taylor. My plan is to discuss this further with Mike this weekend so that hopefully starting as early as next week we can start seeking out an alternative therapist for Taylor to see.