Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Typical Wednesday

The day started out pretty typical for a Wednesday. Up at 7:00, breakfast by 8:00, play for a couple hours at home then hit the road by 10:00 on our way to physical therapy at 11:00. Physical therapy went very well today. According to the therapist, Taylor only fussed for about the first 20 minutes. The remaining 40 minutes of the session were very productive and Taylor was very cooperative. As a mom, I always like to hear that! Paige on the other hand was giving her momma’ quite the fit today during the hour that Taylor was at the clinic. Paige didn’t want to play nicely with one of her little friends, Elise, a little girl Paige’s age who is at clinic on Wednesdays also while her older brother receives physical therapy. Paige didn’t want to share with Elise today. Didn’t want to play outside and/or climb the trees at the clinic today with Elise. Elise’s mom and I spent most of the hour just chatting and watching Paige reject any and all gestures of play from her little friend Elise. I chalked up Paige’s behavior to Elise’s mom as “she’s just having a bad day.”

After therapy was over, the girls and I grabbed a bite of lunch at a nearby restaurant then headed back home. It’s a good hour drive back home and I kept hoping that the girls would fall asleep on the drive home. That didn’t happen.

The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out at home. Paige laid down for a few minutes on the couch and I thought for sure she’d doze off. Unfortunately, Taylor made sure that a nap wouldn’t happen for Paige. Taylor wanted to play ball with Paige. Wanted to give Paige hugs and kisses. Anything to play with her sister. And, so it was neither girl napped today.


This afternoon, the girls also spent a little time hanging out on the front porch. In our neighborhood, the builder is nearing completion on some of the homes directly across the street from our house so the girls are totally fascinated by all the construction trucks, cranes, crews of workmen and contractors that come and go.

I captured a bunch of different photos today as we hung out at the house this afternoon….check them out in the featured "Slide Show" at the top of the blog!