Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Update

Sometimes, the twins are just not very cheerful. Yesterday, was one of those days. I blame part of their crankiness yesterday on the fact that they did not have a nap. On Tuesdays, there is a therapy appointment that takes place at 2:00 PM – which is usually when they’re snuggled in their beds snoozing away every other day of the week. When they don’t get their nap, as was the case yesterday, there is a very good chance that no one (including me) will be cheerful by the time dinner/bedtime rolls around. Bedtime was unusually early yesterday for the twins as a result of not getting their naps….they were both in bed at 7:00 PM.

Today, however has been a far more delightful day with the girls. The morning was calm and relatively quiet at the house. I always love when the day starts out that way because those kinds of mornings are the exception and certainly not the rule. We had physical therapy at 11:00 today and Taylor was particularly well-behaved and very cooperative during the therapy session. Very cooperative at therapy, you say? Yes, and that should have been my first indication that something was wrong.

By the time we got home from physical therapy, unloaded ourselves from the car and finished off a bite of lunch, Taylor was definitely not acting like herself. Shortly after lunch, Taylor threw up. Poor girl. So, Taylor must be coming down with some kind of cold or bug. Both girls are currently down for their naps. If Taylor continues to act sick or throws up again later today, I’ll likely be calling our pediatrician to get her into the doctor sometime tomorrow.

Paige, on the other hand, is having a really good day! She played very nicely with her little friend Elise today while we waited for Taylor at therapy. She was quite content to sit and play with Elise and the various toys. What a switch from just a week ago when Paige wanted absolutely nothing to do with her little friend.