Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Feel Rejuvenated in Just 10 Minutes



My friend gave me a gift the other day and when I looked at it I was like, "Huh? What's this for?" She explained to me that a few series of exercises using a couple little rubber balls on the parts of the body that carry most of the body's weight and motion - hips, shoulders, pelvis, neck - can create total relaxation. I graciously thanked her for the gift and still quietly in my mind was thinking, "how are these little balls going to create utter Nirvana?"

As someone who has used exercise balls before at the gym many times, I was skeptical of my friend's "gift". Skeptical because whenever I have used these rubberized exercise balls, it's always been for the purpose of doing lots of ab work and crunches at the gym. My tummy always feels tight afterwards but I don't get a sense of total relaxation from the exercise balls as my friend was trying to convince me I would with her gift.

Well, later that same night, I was upstairs in our bedroom, the twins were fast asleep and my hubby was sitting in our bed working on his laptop, so I decided "why not give these little balls a try?" So I did. I laid down on the floor on my back and began to place the little grape-fruit sized rubber balls underneath my hips and lower back as illustrated in the little booklet that came with the starter kit. No sooner did I do this, did I feel the little rubber balls soften and "give" beneath me and I was amazed. After a couple good stretches along my spine, I then started rolling those little rubber balls under the backs of my arms and again, I was amazed. I thought, this is unbelievable. My friend was so right! This was the perfect gift! I felt like I'd found Nirvana. Like magic, as my body began to release its weight onto those little rubberized balls, the tension in my back, shoulders and neck instantly went away.

10 minutes later, I lifted myself from the floor and felt totally rejuvenated. What a great way to end the day. In fact, what a great way to end every day from this point forward....