Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

San Diego Vacation - Island of Coronado

Last year, the Travel Channel rated Coronado Beach as the 5th best beach in America, so since we're in San Diego this week, I decided to hop in our car, leave San Diego and drive to the peninsula where Coronado Beach is located. After all, how could I be so close to one of the top 5 beaches in America and not take the twins there?! So, that's what we did. We spent the day playing on the beach, digging in the sand, hunting for sea shells and getting the cool ocean water in between our toes.
Many thanks goes out to the elderly lady who was taking a stroll on the beach and offered to take this picture of us together, otherwise I wouldn't have a picture to show for the 3 of us spending the day together at this incredible beach.
The temperatures were just warm enough that the twins could take off their shoes and jeans, but just cool enough that the twins could not wear just their swimsuit.
The twins had the whole beach practically all to themselves to explore.
Taylor and Paige, shown above, kept picking up handfuls of sand and would toss them into the ocean water in front of them.
At this moment, a military plane flew overhead. Taylor pauses to look up to see where the awesome sounds of the jet engines were coming from.
Paige digging in the sand.
Now, Taylor's turn to dig in the sand.
Taylor pointing to a boat in the ocean.
Enjoying the vast open space of the beach.
Taylor started to dance on the beach all of a sudden, and it was pretty fun just to watch her lift her hands and turn around in circles.
Making "roads" in the sand.



Paige, arm outstretched, as if she's trying to catch the wind in her hand.
Taylor looking like quite the windblown beach bum.
Paige digging for sea shells.
Paige heading to the water's edge.
I love this picture because it captures the near endless stretch of the beach as well as the fact that the beach was all ours to enjoy for the day.
The twins digging for sea shells together.
Taylor making her way to the water's edge.
In the distant background is a view of the infamous Coronado Island resort and hotel.


A sea gull arrives and spends a few moments with us on the beach before it flies away again.
Near the end of the day at the beach, the girls were literally covered in sand from head to toe!
Check out the sleeves on that shirt - I told Paige that she had "sand hands".
Those "sand hands" helped Paige to do some serious digging in the sand. Although you can't appreciate this shot from this vantage point, Paige is actually sitting down inside a hole that she helped to dig at the beach.
Taylor spent time rolling and flipping backwards into the hole that Paige helped to dig, and she had a blast. Here, Taylor goes into the hole head first and backwards!
Another military jet flies overhead, and Paige and Taylor stop digging long enough to look to the skies as the jet roars above them.
A snapshot of the beach and coastline at Coronado Island.