Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

San Diego Vacation - Our Day at Sea World

The Sea World experience today was awesome! And, visiting the park off-season as we did today made it totally accessible and very convenient. We never waited in long lines and we always had close views to the exhibits. Sea World put a smile on Paige and Taylor's faces many times throughout the day - from the shamu and dolphin shows to the amusement park rides - making our outing worth every penny! Oh, and speaking of costs, the admission was just $69.00 for me; and Paige and Taylor, since it was off-season and since they were under 4 years old, were admitted for FREE! Love that! I think I enjoyed the Sea World visit as much as the twins did and would go back again with the girls in a heartbeat. Below are just a few of the pictures from our day....
Arriving at the entrance of Sea World
Just inside the park was a beautiful Christmas tree decorated with a plethora of ornaments featuring, what else, fish, sharks, whales and the like.
The penguin exhibit was a favorite for the twins. The girls loved watching the penguins jump in and out of the pools of water.

Paige stands at the glass wall mesmerized by the penguins as they dive in and out of the water.
Paige and Taylor on the lookout for Beluga Whales swimming just beneath the water's surface.
We spent part of the day watching live feeds of seals. Paige and Taylor would yell out with excitement over and over: "look, that seal just caught a fish."

An up-close glimpse of a Beluga Whale rising from the depths of the waters.

These polar bears were playing right in front of the glass wall where Paige, Taylor and I stood. We probably stood watching these two polar bears for at least a half-hour. Again, the twins were just mesmerized by these creatures, and to be this close to such spectacular animals, well, it was simply fantastic!
On the lookout for sharks.
A view of a Beluga Whale who kept doing "tricks" in front of us - spinning around, flipping onto its back, slapping its tail on the water's surface to make big waves.
There had to be at least 10 Beluga Whales in this one tank!
More Beluga Whale watching.
The twins loved watching the sea lions as they were sunbathing.


One of the many aquariums we saw during our visit to Sea World - we really liked this one in particular because of all the rich, vibrant colors of the fish and the surrounding coral.
Another view of one of the many aquariums we saw today. We liked this one because as Paige and Taylor put it, "these fish were really scary looking."
Waiting patiently for the start of the shamu and dolphins show.
The show begins, and as Paige and Taylor watched the tricks and water stunts, the girls would say, "WOW" while clapping their hands as fast as they could! It was so cute, and I loved seeing their faces beam with excitement as the shamu and the dolphins jumped and splashed in and out of the water.
I got really lucky when I snapped this photo. Here, 7 dolphins jump in unison out of the water!
One of the featured "performers" showing us how to walk on water.
Shamu jumps out of the water, Paige and Taylor cheered and clapped for this one big-time! And, again, I got very lucky that I snapped this photo at just the right moment to capture the shamu's tricks!
The shamu and dolphin show puts a big smile on Paige's face.
When she wasn't beaming with a smile, Taylor was quite in awe of the performance by the shamu and the dolphins as shown in this picture.
This photo of Paige is just priceless and it's what made the shamu and the dolphins show a true highlight of our Sea World experience.
The laughter from Taylor during the show was just awesome. I could have taken a ton of pictures just like this one throughout the show!
After we visited all the sea exhibits and shows, we ventured over to the amusement park portion of Sea World to take in a few of the rides. Taylor, shown here, has just finished riding on the "Spinning Seals" tea cup ride.
Paige, shown here, has also just finished riding the "Spinning Seals" teacup ride and gives her shamu stuffed animal a big squeeze!
In line, waiting for another ride. Again, the smiles and laughter today all day long was what made this experience so enjoyable for me. The exhibits were pretty cool, of course, but the joy on my girls' faces made it all the more wonderful!