Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

San Diego Vacation - Poolside Fun

I just realized that I didn't mention the digs where we are staying this week in San Diego - the Hilton San Diego Bayfront and it is pretty spectacular! (And, not the type of hotel where the twins and I typically get to stay). The location of the hotel, adjacent to the Gaslamp Quarter, places us in the heart of the city of San Diego yet at the same time with its serene views of the San Diego Bay, we also got to enjoy a little taste of the remote coastal experience right from our hotel. Just check out the pool, and you'll know exactly what I mean. The hotel pool is apparently San Diego's largest salt water pool and with its outdoor terrace and breathtaking views of the San Diego Bay and beyond, plus its poolside cabanas for relaxing and lounging, well, it was casual poolside fun at its very BEST! But, aside from the fabulousness of the pool, the twins finally got to spend some time with their daddy!!! Yes, Mike took some time out in the afternoon today to take Paige and Taylor swimming, and it was a lot of fun. The twins loved splashing in the water and I think Mike also enjoyed a little escape from all things stressful with his work this week. As Mike and the twins played in the water, I took advantage of the opportunity to lounge out at the poolside cabanas and soak up a few rays of sunshine!

Okay, can I just say that with the outdoor plasma screen TV (shown above on pool terrace) and the state-of-the-art stereo sound system, this pool will probably put future swimming pools to shame!

Up and over, swimming from pool to pool.
Pushing off from the edge of the pool, and kick, kick, kick.
Mike takes the kids for a swim in the deep end of the pool. And, just look at those views of the San Diego Bay in the background!
Paige gets a taste of the salt water of the pool.
Mike and the girls played in the pool til sunset.


Getting snuggly warm with daddy after swimming.