Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, December 4, 2009

San Diego Vacation - Maritime Museum

While in San Diego, the girls and I visited the Maritime Museum. Mike and several of Mike's friends had recommended this museum to us because it contains many of the world's finest collections of historic ships, including the world's oldest active ship The Star of India. The twins loved exploring the ships and loved looking at the many props, costumes, artifacts and exhibits on board each ship. They tugged on the ropes of the massive sails, they stood atop observation decks, they ran in and out of the vessels' cabins, they climbed the stairs of the many decks, and more.
As fun as the day was at the Maritime Museum, it definitely was NOT one of the best photographic experiences. With so much to explore, climb on, over, in, out and under, it was nearly impossible to keep up with them, squat to their eye-level and then shoot the perfect picture at any given moment. So, I didn't even try to because as usual, the twins were in charge of their own exploration on board these ships. I aimed for a good outcome in each shot, but alas, I had to follow their cues and capture pictures when and where I could. Now, with that little photographic *disclaimer* out there, here are the best of the pictures captured from the day....




























After all that climbing, exploring, and trekking all over the ships, we finally were on dry land once again and took a few minutes to sit down and enjoy a much-needed snack to restore our energy we'd all expended from the last couple of hours of in, out, under, over, through the many ships of the museum. Phew!