Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Playing Nativity with Baby Jesus

I've been talking alot with the twins about Christmas, now that the season is upon us: how fun it's going to be when Santa brings presents to them for being such good girls all year, how Christmas is a special time to enjoy decorations, lights, candy canes, Christmas trees and last night, how Christmas is also about celebrating Baby Jesus' birthday. Paige and Taylor already know all about Baby Jesus from Bible stories we read together and from their Sunday School lessons each week, but last night, we pulled out the Fisher Price "Little People" Nativity Set and recreated the Christmas story.
Paige and Taylor setting the scene - Baby Jesus in his manger, Joseph and Mary nearby, the wise men, the shepherds and even the stable animals.
After they'd set the manger scene just like they wanted it, we spent a few minutes talking about each of the people who came to see Jesus and to worship him.
The twins really got into the Christmas story as I told them about how the wise men and the shepherds traveled from far away, following the star in the sky, etc. Paige and Taylor even added to our story saying, "Let's sing 'Silent Night' to Baby Jesus" which is something we do when we read one of their stories.
At one point, I asked Taylor who came to see Baby Jesus and she replied, "Lots of angels."
I asked Paige the same question, and she replied, "Dora and Moses." So cute. I got a good laugh out of that one. So did Paige. Sure why not Dora and Moses!!! I replied back with, "You're right, Paige, anybody can come see Jesus, today even Dora can come see Jesus."