Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

San Diego Vacation - Really Great! NOT!

It just occurred to me that one very important detail I may have neglected to mention in the midst of all my San Diego vacation blogging was the fact that Mike is here with us too, although you wouldn't know that based upon the last few updates and postings of photos here on Twinsanity. Technically Mike is "here", but not really "here" with us.

While the twins and I have been sightseeing and enjoying the city, Mike's time has been spent with client events and his days chock full of work meetings. A further note of clarification on this is that Mike's work is what actually brought the twins and I here to San Diego in the first place. And while Mike's schedule this week has prevented him from spending much time with us, I had hopes of stealing him away at some point this week to take in some of the fun of this city with his little girls and me. Well, as it turns out, today, I got my wish...well, sorta'....but, not in the manner I'd hoped.



Our Nissan Pathfinder at Evans Tire & Service Center

Our first opportunity this week to spend time together - all 4 of us - came and went with us at Evans Tire & Service Center. That's right, we spent our morning getting 2 new tires on the back of our Nissan Pathfinder after a blowout on the roads the night before when Mike was out with clients for a client dinner. Fortunately, noone was injured or hurt as a result of the blowout. Unfortunately, the tires cost us a cruel $400.00 today (which was certainly not in our vacation budget this week); and it certainly wasn't how we'd envisioned spending our only chance for family time this entire week. Oh, well, what can you do...isn't that just how life goes somedays...

P.S. The twins were very fussy the entire time too while we were at Evans Tire & Service Center making the day and the experience just oh so much better.