Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pediatrician Appointment Today

If the idea of 4 shots to each twin today doesn't sound like a lot of fun, well, you know what...you're right, it's not fun. Although Paige and Taylor are older now, and therefore don't require nearly as many pediatrician appointments as they used to, today happened to be their 4-year old well child visit and wouldn't you know it, for their 4-year old check-up, they each got 4 shots to the arm (completing their next series of immunizations). While the shots are never a pleasant experience, there were some good things that came from today's pediatrician appointment:

- Paige and Taylor are both doing great, no changes in their health or medical history.

- Paige is in the 25th percentile for her height and is in the 3rd percentile for her weight. That's right, she's still a petite little girl, but hey, at least she's on the charts now for her weight and we no longer have to use those customized, preemie, weight-adjusted/chronological age adjusted charts for her! YES!!! Success!!!

- Taylor is also in the 25th percentile for her height and is in the 25th percentile for her weight. Not much of a surprise there really. Taylor has always been the better of the two eaters and with Paige's history of GERD and her history of needing supplements and caloric boosts in her daily diet via her GI doctor's recommendations, the discrepancy between the two girls' weights is just what the pediatrician expected to see today.

So, good news today all the way around. No more immunizations shots until the twins turn 6 years old and both girls are eating, growing, thriving and doing just super!