Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Answers

So, some fellow moms are circulating this questionnaire in our little blogosphere and I finally have a chance to fill it out:

How it works:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers questions about themselves.
3. Let the person who tagged you with the questionnaire know that you’ve posted your answers on your blog.

Where were you 5 years ago?
I was adjusting to life on the West Coast in sunny California after being an East Coast Virginia girl. I was working in marketing for a large, publicly traded homebuilder. I had also just recently become a newlywed and was probably still transforming from that bride-to-be role into the wife role. I was also working out 7 days a week for about 2 hours each day…oh, how I miss those workouts!

What are 5 things on your to do list for this coming week?
1. Make 3 meals and 3 snacks every day for the twins.
2. Do laundry, mop the floors, vacuum, dust, and clean the bathrooms.
3. Go grocery shopping.
4. Go to doctor appointments for the twins.
5. Buy a horseback riding helmet for Taylor – she starts horseback riding in September.

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. Sweet ‘n Sour Peach Rings
2. 100 Calorie Pack of Entemann’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Smoothies
4. Skinny Cow Ice Cream
5. Low-fat Popcorn

What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Pay off all debt – house mortgage, 2 car loans and credit cards.
2. After paying off all of the above, then go out and buy a new home in the country with lots and lots of land for the twins to run and play.
3. Donate to some of my favorite charities and to worthy faith-based Christian organizations.
4. Travel, travel, travel.
5. Get plastic surgery when I turn 40! Nothing too crazy, just a few snips, nips and tucks here and there to help me age gracefully. And, while 40 is still several years away for me, a little forward thinking never hurts. Ha, ha, ha.

What are some of your bad habits?
1. I am addicted to Starbucks.
2. I like to eat out a couple of times a week.
5. I love a clean house. Most would think that’s a good thing right, but sometimes I can’t go to sleep at night unless the house has been picked up and a little organization is re-established after a day of the twins playing and dragging their toys to the far corners of every room.

What are some of the places you’ve lived?
1. Northern Virginia – many different areas of Northern Virginia but always within a 20 mile radius of Washington DC
2. Northern California

What are some jobs you’ve had?
1. Daycare teacher (during my high-school and college years).
2. Communications Coordinator for Arthur Andersen. (Remember this firm? It’s the now defunct accounting/consulting firm that went under a couple years ago due to some questionable accounting practices).
3. Marketing Manager for American Express.
4. Marketing Manager for VNU Marketing, Inc.