Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, August 8, 2008

What's In A Name?


So what's in a name? A lot more than most people think and in case you’re interested in the meanings of our twins’ names, well I’ve provided a little personality profile on each of them using the number of letters and how many of those letters are consonants, vowels, etc. derived from name assessments featured on Baby Zone.

The twins’ names suggest the following personalities and clues about their personalities. While I don’t put a whole lot of stock in these assessments, still a pretty fun read.


Paige Trinity





The name reflects drive, a pioneering spirit, leadership, independence and originality. The energy behind this name is strong and forceful and promotes an unconventional, innovative, and decisive approach. Highly focused and self-reliant, the name Paige Trinity carries with it an unmistakable "can do" attitude. It reflects confidence, energy, strength and perseverance. There is a definite sense of danger and risk-taking as well.

The name Paige Trinity does not inspire patience and sensitivity, and does not promote cooperation or a diplomatic approach to problem solving. Think of this name as an aggressive, creative force.

Paige Trinity’s most positive characteristics: Strength, originality, courage, imagination, creativity, confidence. Good for competitive, high-risk ventures.

Paige Trinity’s most negative characteristics: Pride, intolerance, excessive aggressiveness. Not good for people-oriented ventures or healing, counseling and retail businesses.

Taylor Mackenzie





Powerful, a conqueror, devours the weak and rules the strong. The name Taylor Mackenzie reflects money and power. It is a carnivore, a winner at all cost.

Taylor Mackenzie has the power and potential to achieve great things. Whatever the enterprise, it strives to be the best and most successful in its field. Extremely competitive and not afraid of challenges or challengers. A visionary, a realist, and a planner. Discipline and perseverance. Dynamic and efficient.

Rewards the faithful and hardworking, but has no tolerance for the incompetent.

Taylor Mackenzie understands the balance between giving and taking, generosity and greed. When it loses that balance, it self-destructs.

Taylor Mackenzie’s most positive characteristics: Strength, perseverance, potential for greatness.

Taylor Mackenzie’s most negative characteristics: Financial ups and downs. Lacks compassion. Can be self-destructive.