Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shoe Shopping *UPDATE*


A quick follow-up to my post from last Tuesday, August 5…
http://ashley-twinsanity.blogspot.com/2008/08/shoe-shopping.html

Today is Saturday. My husband joined me today as I traipsed through the mall venturing into Stride Rite, Nordstrom, Nike and Kids Foot Locker in my quest to complete the marriage of Taylor’s latest AFOs with a new pair of shoes.


My husband was such a good sport to spend several hours at the mall with me as I traveled from store to store looking for shoes that would fit Taylor’s braces. The shoes would need to be deep enough, long enough and wide enough to accommodate her AFOs and as I mentioned in my previous posting from last week, I wanted the shoes to be cute and stylish too.

When shopping for shoes to fit Taylor’s braces, most of my options are of the sneaker variety as these tend to offer the best fit with the AFOs. After a couple hours of shoe shopping, I settled on two pairs for Taylor. I ended up purchasing a cute pair of Nike and a cute pair of Vans from Nordstrom.

The Vans shoes from Nordstrom totally surprised me!!! They’re just so stinking cute and girly too with a fun animal print in a satin material. When I saw them, I said to my husband, “now that’s girly” and “Taylor has to have these”.

Taylor tried on the Vans shoes and when I asked her if she liked the leopard print, she said, “look, my zoo shoes”. So, the Vans are now officially called “zoo shoes”.

Of course, because Taylor was getting a couple pairs of new shoes today, I managed to convince my husband that Paige had to get a couple pairs too. With twins, that would only be fair right?! So, Taylor and Paige both got a pair of Nike and Vans zoo shoes.

I am planning on making a future visit back to Nordstrom to make another purchase or two of shoes for the girls because I saw a couple more really fun pairs of shoes for them. However, I figured I’d done enough damage shoe-shopping for the twins today so we called it quits...


As promised, here is a viewing of the new shoes: