Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An Update

It’s Monday night, the kids are sound asleep, the kitchen is clean from dinner and I’ve just sat down to enjoy a nice evening in front of the boob-tube.

Last week was really hectic and crazy since my better half was on travel for work. He is back now, so the weekend was great! I loved just being able to hang out with the twins and my husband without having to rush to any appointments for the kids and without having any schedules to contend with.

But, today, it was back to the grind of appointments….Ugh.

I had a meeting with some service coordinators this afternoon related to Taylor’s therapy services and programs. We discussed what changes may come in her continued need for therapy services when she turns 3 years old. She’s made such awesome progress that there is a really good chance that we may be able to start scaling back some of the therapy appointments that have been keeping us so busy Monday - Friday the past several months. It sounded like from my meeting today that we may only need and want to continue with the physical therapy in order to further help her overcome her disability. She is already doing great. And, she’s definitely an independent walker now. So, independent in fact that when you try to reach for her hand as I often do with both Paige and Taylor whenever we’re out somewhere, Taylor pulls her hand back and says, “I’ll do it myself.” And, I just think, “Yeah, you go, girl!”

Anyways, so while today was a hectic day, the appointment to discuss Taylor’s progress was pretty positive in terms of the overall outlook for Taylor. As far as her physical therapy goes, soon we will be adding horseback riding as well to her physical therapy program. Horseback riding will offer Taylor some physical therapy benefits but it will also be something that I know she will absolutely LOVE. And, from my perspective, anytime we can keep the physical therapy fun and make it an enjoyable experience for Taylor, I’m all for it!!!!