Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!!!

Friday! Finally! After wrapping up 3 hours of therapy for Taylor this morning, we decided it was time to officially start the weekend. The best way for the 3 of us girls to start our weekend was to go see dad at his office and steal him away for an hour from his busy day. Woo-hoo.

We picked up dad from work and went for a bite of lunch. We decided on Mexican food at Chevy’s. The twins split the Cheese Quesadilla platter from the kids menu. Taylor pounded the fries and nachos and took a couple bites of her cheese quesadilla. Paige, on the other hand, true to her “nibbler” ways, consumed MAYBE one tiny nibble off the ends of 2 fries and an even more infinitesimal-sized nibble off the cheese quesadilla. (Paige’s pediatric gastroenterologist and pediatric dietician who have managed Paige’s acid reflux issues since her early NICU days would soooooooo not be impressed with her micro-nibbling at lunch). Fortunately, the ice cream that followed lunch today was a bigger hit with Paige so lunch wasn’t totally calorie-free for Paige.


Paige Enjoying Her Ice Cream

Taylor Eating Ice Cream

The outlook for the rest of our weekend will most likely be pretty low-key for me and the twins. My poor husband on the other hand will have to be working in the office through the weekend. He's been putting in 70-80 hour work weeks lately + weekends finishing up a big proposal for his firm. Hopefully, after this proposal is completed, he will be able to take back some of his weekend time again. His girls and I miss him!!!!

The CA state fair is in town this weekend. So, maybe I'll try to spend some time there with the twins, if the weather isn’t too, too hot. The twins went last summer and had a good time. Now, that they’re another year older, it should be even more fun!

Plans for Sunday will include morning church service for us and Sunday school for the twins and beyond that, hopefully we will have nothing much else that we have to do.