Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Drum Roll Please...This Is My 100th Blog Posting


In accordance with all blogging traditions, I am posting my 100th blog posting, albeit it is actually 11 days past due for the blog page, but oh well. I will now share 100 not-so-interesting and curious things about myself.

1. I was born weighing 9 lbs. 9 oz.
2. I was a perfect shade of porcelain pink. My mom told me so!
3. Because of this, I was the most beautiful baby. Again, my mom tells me it’s so!
4. I was born a few days late, unlike my twins who came 8 weeks early.
5. I may have been late for my birth, but I am rarely, if ever, late wherever I go to this day.
6. It is not my fault, it was ingrained in me at birth and as I grew up by my strict, somewhat authoritarian-style parents. My parents would lecture: “How rude it is for you to be late!”
7. I have an older brother who thought I was very cool when I was first brought home. (I think he probably still thinks I’m cool).
8. I was a girly-girl growing up and had tons of Barbies and baby dolls. I’m a girly-girl even still today.
9. The Barbies and dolls each had a special name, although I can’t remember their names now.
10. I grew up in a time that was much safer than the cities and neighborhoods are today. I was able to roam free and unsupervised.
11. I had one of the best childhoods, thanks to two of the best parents a girl could have hoped for!
12. I went to private Christian schools for elementary, middle and high-school.
13. I had to wear uniforms every day. I hated it at the time.

14. Looking back now, I’m so glad my parents sacrificed so much to keep me in private schools all my years growing up. I hope to do the same for my twins!
15. I was always a talker in the classroom, always getting in trouble for being too social and for passing notes in class.

16. I did so poorly in high-school one year, I had to go to summer school. That was also the year I got my first real boyfriend.
17. I was always in trouble for not properly tucking in my uniform shirt at school.

18. I was voted Class Secretary my junior year of high-school.
19. I was voted Class President my senior year of high-school.
20. I was once voted “Best All Around” by my high-school classmates.
21. I had a great church youth group I was a part of as a teenager.
22. My best friend was Christy and she moved to Texas when we were juniors in high-school.
23. Her family welcomed me as one of their own.
24. She was the athletic one.
25. I was the cheerleader one.
26. She is now married to a doctor who graduated from Duke University.
27. I haven’t talked to her in years.
28. I have no living grandparents today.
29. Paige and Taylor have two sets of grandparents.
30. I was married at 28.
31. I think it is a great marriage, although we definitely have our share of disharmony and disagreements from time to time.
32. I wouldn’t want the “perfect marriage” whatever a “perfect” marriage would be.
33. It’s the imperfect elements to our marriage that makes us unique.
34. We have been married for nearly 6 years.
35. We have two beautiful children.
36. I am amazed at how beautiful and special each of our children are in their own way.
37. I look at my children and see all that is good and true in the world and thank God for entrusting them to us.
38. I might want more kids someday. Maybe even sometime next year…
39. I lost the 70+ pounds I gained from my twin pregnancy in a little more than 5 months. Fortunately, I also have very, very few stretch marks. Lots of ab crunches deserve the credit for that!
40. I was a size six before getting pregnant.
41. I am a size six again and holding. YAY!!!!!
42. I have developed a daily habit of enjoying Starbucks mochas.
43. I tend to drink more than one Starbucks on really bad days.
44. I love shopping.
45. I love shopping for me, our house, my husband and especially our daughters!
46. Shopping can be therapeutic.

47. I have a tattoo with an insignia on my lower right side of my stomach.
48. I got my tattoo when I was 21.
49. Very, very FEW people have seen it as it is, by design, very well hidden.

50. I have contemplated getting the tattoo removed since having children.
51. Someday, I will discourage my children from getting tattoos and how can I do that if I have one myself?
52. I finally have accepted the fact that I live in California.

53. It has taken more than 5 years to accept that.
54. I also still hold onto the hope that one day we might move somewhere else.
55. I really don’t want to raise Paige and Taylor in California or have them attend the public school system in California.

56. I used to get to the gym 7 days a week.
57. I used to work out an average of 2 hours each time.
58. I now get to the gym to work out only 4-5 days a week, if that.
59. I had a great career in Marketing for several years.
60. I miss it sometimes.
61. I don’t miss it enough to leave Paige and Taylor in daycare however so that I can return to a lofty career.
62. I am applying to grad schools.

63. I had completed 1-1/2 years of my Master’s before getting married/pregnant.
64. I am hoping to return to grad school part-time in 2009.

65. I would love to travel to Africa.
66. And, go on a safari with Paige and Taylor.
67. I met my husband at the gym.

68. I am a “good housekeeper”, according to some friends and family.
69. I love to be organized.
70. I wish I didn’t care about a clean house sometimes.
71. I wish I had a paid housekeeper sometimes.
72. I don’t because I probably wouldn’t be happy with his/her cleaning service.
73. I can follow a recipe.
74. But, my husband is definitely the better cook.
75. I wish I enjoyed cooking more.

76. My mom didn’t especially enjoy cooking so I think I got that trait from her.
77. I love to read, blog, hang out with friends and family.
78. I am a speed reader.
79. I love all types of music.
80. I wish that I was a better photographer.

81. I love the smell of Yankee candles.
82. I love the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
83. My favorite color is black followed closely by white.
84. My favorite flower is a simple wild orchid.
85. I love to eat sweet n’ sour peach rings.
86. Spiders and snakes really scare me.
87. I am a very tenacious, focused person.
88. Those attributes drive my husband crazy sometimes.
89. And, that's ok.
90. I have met my true life partner in him.
91. I love him very, very much.
92. My children are the most important people, next to my husband, in my life.
93. I hope that my daughters grow up safe, healthy and have every opportunity that they wish for in their lives.
94. I love to take long hot showers.
95. I have naturally dirty blonde colored hair, however, I dye it and highlight it so it’s even more blonde. I have recently dye-d my hair to a chestnut brown color.
96. I wish I had really short hair, it would be so convenient.
97. I am unlikely to ever cut my hair really short.
98. I prefer chocolate ice cream to most any other flavor.
99. I have wonderful friends in real life (Hi Erin! Hi Kim! Hi Jen!)
100. I think I am a pretty great person most of the time. My husband probably agrees. Ha, ha, ha.

Whew! That was pretty tough. Could you tell I was grasping at straws with some of those? Want me to expound on anything you read? Send me an email.