Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update on Stroller Dilemma

This is one reason why I love blogging and bloggers! You get some great advice from other moms all because they read each other’s blogs. For example, you might recall from my Disneyland Here We Come post a couple weeks ago http://ashley-twinsanity.blogspot.com/2008/10/disneyland-here-we-come.html that I was grappling over whether or not to take one of our own twin double-seater strollers, rent a couple singleton strollers from Disneyland Park or buy a couple of cheap umbrella strollers at Target for like $10.00 and just take them with us…well, thanks to a fellow blogger mom who emailed me to share her Disneyland-with- two-kids-in-tow experience, I have made my decision. I will be taking our double-seater stroller with us.

This blogger mommy was telling me that her kids did best with their own stroller and also assured me that a stroller was definitely the way to go even for toddlers who are walking. She told me that the park is just too large and the kids would tire too easily and not really enjoy the experience as much if they had to walk all over the place from exhibit to exhibit, ride to ride, place to place.

So, it’s settled. I love strollers for the twins still anyways if we have any significant territory or walking distances to cover. The twins still like their stroller too – they get to sit side by side, hold hands as they ride while looking at all the sights and sounds around them. So, in addition to packing swimsuits, clothes, toys and the usual vacation stuff, we’ll be bringing our stroller too. Hard to believe we'll be heading for southern CA in just a little over two weeks....Disneyland, here we come!