Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. This is to be my last post for several days since tomorrow our family departs for Southern California for the twins’ first visit to that most magical place on earth known as Disneyland. Over the next few days, since there won’t be any new postings, if you haven’t been stopping by Twinsanity on a regular basis lately, why not use the time that I’m away to get yourself caught up on the latest happenings in our lives as well as to get a glimpse at all of my latest musings and photos.

I will be back online again next week. And, let me tell you, you will have a lot to look forward to: lots of pictures and videos of Paige and Taylor capturing all of their zany adventures at Disneyland – some of the pictures and videos will likely include the twins stalking all their favorite characters from one Disney attraction to the next. Call it a mommy’s intuition, but I just have a hunch on this one. And, of course, there will be our trips to the beaches, to the zoo and whatever else we can squeeze into our 3 – 4 days of vacation in Orange County. And did I mention that the weather forecast in Orange County is sunny and mid-70s? Not too shabby indeed!

Now, as I write this posting, we’ve just finished up our Thanksgiving dinner. But before we officially began our Thanksgiving festivities, Mike took advantage of a fairly light showing of golfers at the driving range this morning and hit a bucket of balls. (I’ve learned through the years that you just can’t tell an avid golfer he can’t go to the driving range, even if it is a holiday). To me, it’s just one of the secrets (and sacrifices one must make) to have a happy marriage…you just have to make some concessions like that from time to time for the other half. And, besides it meant that I had the kitchen all to myself for a couple hours in order to prepare the whipped potato casserole, salad and other dinner fare. Our Thanksgiving was great! It included a nice evening spent with one of my good friends and her little girl who is a few years older than Paige and Taylor. This is now the 3rd year that my friend and her daughter have joined our family for Thanksgiving – perhaps we are beginning a tradition since it’s happened 3 years now….

….She is a good friend but is without any nearby family of her own to spend the holidays with. She is also not close to her own family, and since she is a single mom, the holidays can be a little lonely for her. Thanksgiving to me is all about giving thanks for all the blessings in my life and also helping those who might not be as lucky, even if it means just helping one person at a time. In a sense, my friend and her daughter are like adopted family members, particularly around the holidays, since she is someone who I know would otherwise be alone this Thanksgiving. It was fun having her with us at our table (again) this Thanksgiving, fun having her be apart of our little family for a day and especially good to let her take all the leftovers that she wanted back to her home!

From left to right: Taylor, Paige, Jamae


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I also hope you experienced all the warmth and blessings in your own lives with family and friends during this special day. God bless.


Ashley, Paige (L), Taylor (R)

Paige (L), Taylor (R)