Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Monday, November 10, 2008

No Lazy Sunday

Yesterday was no lazy Sunday. After church, Mike, Paige, Taylor and I headed to San Francisco for a fun day in the city. We were joined by some of Mike’s family, who are visiting from the East Coast – his folks, his Aunt as well as his sister, although she’s no out-of-towner, she’s actually a fellow CA transplant from the East Coast just like Mike and me.


What a day! We took in a sightseeing cruise on the San Francisco Bay where we were nearly a stone’s throw away from the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island and the legendary Alcatraz. Paige and Taylor loved hanging out on the boat and took right to the open waters. Following our cruise, we returned to Fisherman’s Wharf – a busy, bustling waterfront great for people watching and for Paige and Taylor – some really yummy Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and smoothies! Another highlight for the twins was dancing and grooving to the sounds of the Fisherman’s Wharf street musicians – man, could one of them really bang out a beat on the drums. Taylor even tipped him she loved his sound so much!!! Later in the evening, we hung out in the San Francisco Hilton Hotel for a couple hours lingering with family and friends…cocktails and wine for most of us and Starbucks Frappucinos for the twins…the day concluded for Mike, Paige, Taylor and me with a peaceful drive back home…the best part – the twins were fast asleep the whole drive home – a sign that they truly had enjoyed themselves that day.

A montage of pictures of our family from our day in San Francisco can be viewed in the above slide show. Plus, a few fun ones to follow of just our happy 4-some in San Francisco! Enjoy.




From left to right: Paige, Taylor, Ashley, Mike



From left to right: Taylor, Paige

Ashley and Paige "Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay"...



Mike and Paige sharing Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream



Mike, Taylor, Paige, Ashley "Watchin' the Ships Roll In"...



..."And, I Watch 'Em Roll Away Again"...