Welcome!

Welcome to my blog - it's like a diary only better. This is my soapbox containing a collection of my thoughts and the experiences of my life raising twins.

Prior to this blog, prior to marriage and prior to the twinsanity that I now call my life, life was quite different for me. When you visit this blog, you won’t find me writing much about my life pre-twins – I hope that’s okay. Why? You ask. Because life with twins changes everything and my life pre-multiples is now just a dizzy, distant memory. And while it’s true that life years ago may have been a little more glamorous, the life I live now is a whole lot more rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I’m glad you’ve stopped by...there’s a really strong chance that I won’t offer anything extraordinary here, but by the same token there is also the possibility that you will experience a taste of the adventures, challenges and many joys that come with my life with twins. Hopefully that will be enough to bring you back here again.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Hippish-ly Halloween Good Time

I hope that everyone had a great Halloween!

The twins really enjoyed themselves…this was their first true taste of the trick or treat experience. Instead of going through the neighborhoods, we decided to take the girls trick or treating at Mike’s office instead, partly because the weather was cold and rainy last night and partly because we wanted to celebrate Halloween with Mike's second family - his office friends and co-workers. Plus, we knew the candy would be safe and Mike would get to show off his girls to all his friends and co-workers as well as giving the twins a chance to run around all candy-crazed with lots of other trick or treaters at Mike's office.

This year, the whole family got into the costume-ing festivities. We were one big happy, er, I mean hippy family! We were CA stylin’ hippies…I was decked out in my favorite head-wrap in honor of Janis Joplin, Mike was right at home in his best Jim Morrison impersonation and Paige and Taylor were spreading a little peace and love in their flower power dresses, beads and face paint.

The twins got more than enough candy trick or treating…so much in fact that Mike and I are set on our candy stash for at least a couple weeks. And, today, I’ve already eaten enough candy that my jaws ache now. I don’t care about that really, but I do hope that my candy snacking doesn’t show up on my face with any breakouts in the next couple of days....

Here are a few Halloween pictures of our hippy clan. Be sure to also check out more of the pictures from the twins’ trick or treating at Mike’s office in the slide show above. Enjoy!


That's me above, tree-hugger mommy!

That's Paige above saying give peace a chance.

And, Taylor spreading the love.

Finally, Mike...peace mon.